TampaTownReview

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Our Home Sweet Home


Less one begin to believe I only exist in ventures such as those you might read in other posts about our Tampa Bay area, here is a pic of one of my pride and joy gardening ventures....an arch over the front walk of our home.

The green vines which have, in less than 18 months, covered this arch are a combination of Confederate Jasmine and Bleeding Hearts. The speed with which this arch has covered has amazed me. I had anticipated at least two-three years for the vines to grow into place.
The bleeding hearts are actually in bloom, as one closeup shows. They grow in clusters and are highlighted, for the most part, as they appear on the newer, bright green leaves of the vines. I love their delicate look and the Jasmine which blooms in the Spring will provide a lovely scent which I am told is sometimes fragrant for up to a block away.

Duke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home